Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

My sister let me borrow this book. Her brother-in-law is from the middle east. He read the book and he said the facts presented in the book were accurate. I learned so much from this book. There were things about Afghanistan that I never knew before. It was a great way to learn a bit of history. It gave me a better understanding of the Afghan people. Though there were some disturbing scenes, they helped to paint an accurate picture of the life some people struggle with. Some of the experiences expressed in this book are universal, people all over the world, sadly, experience similar circumstances. It was an easy book to read and I enjoyed reading about what would happen next. I think I came away from reading this book a better person than I was before. I certainly have a better understanding of some of the terrible things some people have to live through every day, in every country, in every culture, in every race. We all have our struggles and I think you can better appreciate what you have or feel you are not alone in your own struggles, depending on what kind of conditions in which you are living.

No comments:

Post a Comment