Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin

I saw the A&E 5 hour long miniseries and fell in love with Mr. Darcy. I read the book and soon it became my favorite book. The miniseries did a great job following the book but they did take some things out of the book. Some of my favorite parts are with Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy near the end of the book. For those who don't know what this movie is about, Mr. and Mrs. Bennett have five daughters and no sons to inherit their estate. Mrs. Bennett then becomes obsessed with marrying her daughters off to rich young men. Rich and handsome Mr. Bingley moves to town and he becomes smitten by the eldest Bennett daughter, Jane. His choice is not deemed worthy in the eyes of his esteemed friend Mr. Darcy. Thus both pride and prejudice must be overcome in the end. Oh, I just love this book! Just keep in mind, it was first published in 1813.

No comments:

Post a Comment