Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy

I saw this movie with Jane Seymour. I really liked the movie. I was excited to read the book. I didn't realize it had been a book before it was a movie. I usually like reading the books first. To my surprise, the movie added a lot of stuff. The movie had some of the very cleaver scenes from the book but the first part of the book doesn't really start until half way through the movie and the ending of the movie is totally different than the book! However, I found myself loving the book. I don't want to give too much away because the identity of the Scarlet Pimpernel in the book is a big mystery, whereas in the movie, you find the identity right away. It was fun reading the book, knowing exactly who the Scarlet Pimpernel was and then being suspenseful not knowing exactly how the book was going to end. While reading the book I discovered I really loved Percy almost as much as I love Mr. Darcy! I hope I didn't give anything away!

No comments:

Post a Comment