Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Quilter's Legacy by Jennifer Chiaverini

I was searching for an audio book to listen to in the car during my long commutes to work. This book seemed intriguing to me. It wasn't until I was half way through the book that I realized it was the fifth book in a series. I don't like reading a book in a series out of order. I really enjoyed the book and I did not feel lost due to the fact I had not read any other book in the series. I am not a quilter by any stretch of the imagination but I enjoyed this book so much I just might start reading the series.

This book was about a woman whose mother died when she was very young. She found out her older sister sold her mother's quilts and now she wants to find them. As she searches for the quilts, intertwined in that story (every other chapter) the story is told of her mother as it relates to each of her five quilts. By the end of the story the reader knows more about the mother than the main character. In any case, I really enjoyed this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment