Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

I was interested in reading My Sister's Keeper when I found out it was going to be in theaters. When I saw the previews I knew I wanted to watch the movie and so first I wanted to read the book. The book is very good. I enjoyed the story. Unfortunately there was some language in the book that seemed just too unnecessary. The language made me feel uncomfortable and there were some unsacred discussions regarding sex, fortunately those scenes were far less than the ones with the language. I am grateful that the movie is PG-13 because that would mean all the "F" words in the book will be taken out (most of them anyway). At first as I read the book, I thought, I really can't recommend this book, the language just ruins it. I truly got to know these characters and by the end of the book I was crying and saying that it was a great book and I just had to recommend it. Although I strongly caution readers, the language was inexcusable and truly almost ruined the book for me. Read this book if you don't mind language or knowing that you have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment