Thursday, February 4, 2010

Horray for Diffendoofer Day by Dr. Seuss with some help from Jack Prelutsky and Lane Smith

I love this book. It is my favorite Dr. Seuss book. At the end of the book, it gives a brief history of how the book came about. Theodor Seuss Geisel (otherwise known as Dr. Seuss) had been working on a book about a teacher, Miss Bonkers. He would often tell his editor that Miss Bonkers was driving him Bonkers. He never finished the project before he passed away. His editor found Dr. Seuss's notes and hired children's author and illustrator Jack Prelutsky and Lane Smith to finish the book. In this brief history, there are pictures of Dr. Seuss's notes. Prelutsky and Smith did a great job. There are even illustrations from Seuss's previous books and notes for this project throughout the actual book. I love the story behind the book but I also love the message this book gives. I read it every year to my students the week before standardized testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment